Petaluma Emergency Dentist

Emergency DentistPetaluma, CA

There are numerous reasons that patients throughout California need an emergency dentist. A dental emergency can strike at any time. If your child has a toothache or a major dental emergency, call 707-887-5074 right away. We offer an after emergency call service as needed and will do our best to get your child treated immediately.

Request An Appointment
Do I need emergency dentistry? Call us if…
  • Toothache
  • Tooth Knocked Out
  • Gum/Tongue/Cheek Injuries – If bleeding will not stop.
  • Broken/Loose Braces – Call your orthodontist immediately.
  • Chipped/Broken Teeth
  • Abscess

Emergency Dentist FAQ

Q: What should I do if my child's permanent tooth is knocked out?

A: Find the tooth. Do not scrub it or do not clean it with soap. If possible, place the tooth in a clean container with saliva or cold milk. Call Raymond A. Ramos, DDS & Associates immediately. The faster you act, the better your chances of saving the tooth. If your child needs medical attention for non-dental related problems, please go to the Emergency Room first.

Q: What should I do if my child's baby tooth is knocked out?

A: Contact your emergency dental office as soon as possible. The baby tooth should not be replanted because of the potential for subsequent damage to the developing permanent tooth.

Q: What if my child's tooth is chipped or fractured?

A: Contact your Dentist immediately. Quick action can save the tooth, prevent infection and reduce the need for extensive dental treatment. Rinse the mouth with water and apply a cold compress to reduce swelling if the lip was also injured. If you can find the broken tooth fragment, place it in cold milk or water and bring it with you to the dental office.

Q: What about a severe blow to the head or jaw fracture?

A: You need immediate medical attention. Keep in mind that an emergency medical team might be able to reach you faster than you can get to the hospital. A severe head injury can be life-threatening.

Q: What if my child has a toothache?

A: Call our office immediately. Over-the-counter children's pain medication, dosed according to your child's weight and age, might ease the symptoms. You may apply a cold compress or ice wrapped in a cloth to the face near the area of the pain, but do not put heat or aspirin on the sore area."

If you live in the Petaluma area, call 707-887-5074 to schedule your dental exam so that you can remain in good health or receive treatment for a current condition.

Back to top of Emergency Dentist